I am excited to list the auction items for this weekend Hogs Head Classic and Vintage Show and evening extravaganza. All items have been kindly donated by Lodges, Brethren and their friends. Please support these auction items to the best of your ability. If you are unable to attend, WBro. Roger Thompson has kindly agreed to accept maximum bids for any of the items on offer and will gladly bid on a Brothers behalf, up to their agreed limit. WBro. will accept these offers by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible at the Classic and Vintage Show on Saturday with your family and friends.
It is not too late to turn up on the day and show off you classic. PCO
Ryan Beech of Anthemion Auctions of Cardiff (as featured on “ Flog It “) will be the auctioneer on the evening has generously offered his services to support our charity.
The Auction will take place at the Hogs Head on the evening of the 13th of July.
1. A heavy-duty picnic bench donated by Abergavenny sawmills
St. John’s Julian Tod
2. Builder’s bag of barn dried logs, can be delivered within the Province of Monmouthshire. (Old county of Gwent) St. John’s Clive Francis
3. Half a Welsh lamb butchered to the winning bidder’s preference, supplied by Mathews Butchers of Newbridge, Islwyn Lodge Les Evans
4. A case of (6) quality white wines David Llewellyn Collect on night
5. Three days’ self-catered stay in a riverside cottage in Llanwyrtyd Wells. Adjacent to the river Irfon, this Victorian cottage sleeps a maximum of four, with a double bed up narrow, rustic stairs and a large bed-settee in the living area, with a downstairs toilet & an upstairs bathroom. Flexible dates & to be arranged with the owner Prince of Wales Chapter Peter Buckingham
6. Day out and tour of the Morgan Factory for 1 or 2 persons. On an agreed date, if one person, the winning bidder will be collected within Monmouthshire in a Morgan sports car & driven to the Morgan Motor Company in Malvern for a guided tour and museum visit. Or, if for two persons, the winning bidders will meet at the factory for the tour to commence.
St Mellonius Paul Harris
7. A bottle of Chase gin bottled and labelled for the Special Air Service
Terry Pickering Collect on night
8. A bottle of 2007 Late Bottled Vintage Port bottled and labelled for the Special Air Service
Regiment Roger Thompson Collect on Night
9. Two tickets to the Morgan Lodge event at the Morgan Motor Company’s premises at Malvern on Saturday 16th November 2019. Themed ‘An evening of Nostalgia’ and WWII Concert Party
‘The Trench Raiders’ with stories, songs and sing-a-long. Period dress optional.
St Mellonius Paul Harris
10. A 375cl bottle of Wray and Nephew over-proof full-strength white Jamaican rum
Myrddin Jones Collect on night
11. A rare Large ALDI “Kevin the Carrot” Christmas soft Display Advertisement aid
St Georges (Les Evans) Collect on night
12. A Hog Roast for 50-persons donated by Happy Hog Caterers. Extra numbers can be catered for by separate negotiation Happy Hog Caterers email@example.com
13. An antique oak three cut-glass decanter tantalus with a secret compartment with playing cards
Phil Williams Collect on night
14. A bottle of Chateau de Beaulon Grande Fine Cognac, still in its original packaging
Fred Roberts (Myrddin Jones ) Collect on night
15. A bottle of Croft Port 1963 Vintage Myrddin Jones Collect on night
16. A Seiko Kinetic Direct Drive gentleman’s wristwatch, boxed with papers
Loyal Monmouth – Collect on night (Colin Cowles)
17. Six Horse Riding Lessons for A Child at Smugglers Equestrian centre, Man-Moel,Nr Blackwood.
St Georges Lodge Les Evans
18. An Ingersoll Gems 100m water-resistant quartz date just gentleman’s wristwatch, boxed with papers Loyal Monmouth Collect on night (Colin Cowles)
19. Three pieces of “ScrapArt”: WW1 Fighter Biplane, Ford 3000 tractor and a Steam Traction engine manufactured by a local artist Julian Tod Collect on night
20. A professional framed family portrait to be taken at Anton Attard’s photography studio
Marshfield, Near Cardiff. St. Mellonius TBA with Anton Attard
21. A bottle of Glenfarclas 12yr old Single Malt Whisky bottled and labelled for the Special Air
Service. Ayd Martin Collect on night
22. A pencil-drawing of the winning bidder’s favourite building or residence (house, village scene, etc)
to be arranged at mutual agreement with the artist.
Jasper Tudor Graham Murphy
23. A unique opportunity to acquire a ‘Original Robert Taylor’ 14”x11” Ink Drawing depicting a
Leopard in a tree. Robert’s works have drawn crowds in the international arena since the early
1980s. He has exhibited throughout the US and Canada, Australia, Japan and in Europe. His paintings hang in many of the world’s great aviation museums, adorn boardrooms, offices and homes, and his limited edition prints are avidly collected all around the world.
Hilton Willott (Roderick Hill) Collect on night
24. A days Salmon or trout fishing on the Lower Llangibby beat of the river Usk for two people (must be taken on a Friday) The beat runs for a mile and a half, on both banks and is regarded as one
of the prime fishing beats on the river Usk. The day includes the services of the Ghillie, supply
of fishing rods, reels, flies, waders and a packed lunch. Full instruction can be given if required. The recipient will be responsible for obtaining a NATURAL RESOURCES WALES FISHING LICENCE The day will be arranged mutually between the recipient & the Fishery Ghillie. The Salmon season 3rd March to 17th October. Brown trout 3rd March to 30th September